Intentional discarding of actions by the advertiser is called "shaving."
How to detect shaving
Here are some clues of shaving:
- The advertiser declined actions they have earlier approved, without any sound reason.
- The advertiser disconnected you from the program and declined all your actions due to a violation of the rules that are not described on the program page.
- The advertiser confirmed the previously declined actions after you submitted an appeal claim.
- You made a test purchase but it did not show up in stats.
- You made a test purchase but the advertiser declined it.
- The action hold time in the program is much longer than the average hold time.
- The earnings per order are lower than the rate prescribed by the program.
- The program‘s action approval rate has always been—or recently become—low.
What to do if you discovered shaving
If you noticed one or several events or situations described above, please report to us via a ticket.
1. In your personal account, click Support.
2. On the Tickets page, click Add new ticket.
3. On the Create a new ticket page, fill out the following fields:
- Topic: Shaving.
- Priority: Normal.
- Program: name of the program suspected of shaving.
- If there are several programs, specify one of them and mention the others in the ticket body.
- Category: Program.
Text: provide a detailed explanation of the advertiser’s suspicious activities. Specify when you first noticed them. Attach screenshots. If you made a test purchase, describe what you did to place an order, provide the list of redirections, and attach the receipt and product photo.
4. Click Create ticket.
We will inspect the advertiser and get back to you with the news in the same ticket thread.