What is mobile tracking
Mobile tracking is a technology that allows tracking users' actions in a mobile app.
How can advertisers benefit from using mobile tracking
- Your program will become more attractive for publishers.
Publishers are more likely to join a program that offers mobile tracking because then they can be sure that every target action performed by the users they attracted will be registered and paid for.
The more active publishers there are in your program, the more traffic and target actions they will bring, and the more revenue they will generate for you.
- You will be able to analyze data by traffic types (mobile and desktop) which will help you to evaluate the effectiveness of your affiliate program more accurately.
How does it work
The moment a user clicks on an affiliate link, Admitad's server identifies the type of their device.
- If the user followed the link from a mobile device, they will be redirected to either a mobile app (if it's installed on the device) or to the mobile version of your website—depending on the settings.
- If the user is browsing from a PC or a laptop, the server will redirect them to the desktop version of the website.
In either case, the user's actions, whether they were performed in the app, or on the mobile or desktop version of the site, get tracked and registered in the reports.
What target actions can be registered through mobile tracking
Mobile tracking allows to track various types of events and actions, such as:
- App installation
- User registration
- Adding a product to a cart
- Order placement
- In-app order payment
- Return to the application
- Signing in to the application, etc.
The list of available events and actions depends on the integration method and internal settings.
How to set up mobile tracking: integration methods
If you have a mobile app, your manager will suggest that you activate mobile tracking when you launch your affiliate program in Admitad.
To set it up, select one of the following integration methods:
- through a tracking platform (Adjust, Appsflyer, Branch, MyTracker, Appmetrica);
- through Admitad Mobile SDK
- through your own tracking system
We recommend that you choose this method if you are already connected to one of these platforms.
To let Admitad employees carry out the integration, you need to log into your account on the tracking platform and provide Admitad with partner access to the settings.
For more details on how to do that, see the platforms' documentation.
- Guidelines for Appsflyer
- Guidelines for Adjust
- Guidelines for Branch
- Guidelines for MyTracker
- Guidelines for Appmetrica
When the access has been granted, inform Admitad representative. They will send you further guidelines.
We recommend that you choose this method if you are not connected to any mobile tracking systems and don't have your own one.
- Advantages of Admitad Mobile SDK
- Preparing for integration
- Integration process
- Links to the Admitad SDK technical documentation for developers
- FAQ about Admitad Mobile SDK
- True Mobile CPA: the SDK independently determines the last touchpoint in the conversion path and credits the conversion value to the publisher that referred the user when he or she converted. There are no extra "attribution windows" and no priority for CPI. You only pay for traffic that yields profit.
- Full Customer Journey: the SDK does not lose mobile users throughout their visit to the mobile version of a website or app. Even if users install an app between a click and a purchase, the conversion value will be attributed without fail.
- Advanced iOS Safari Links: when users click affiliate links in the Safari Mobile (that is 80% of iOS traffic), they skip extra system windows and reach conversion with a bare minimum of clicks.
For integration, provide an Admitad representative with the following information:
- links to your apps in Google Play Store and/or Apple App Store
- the URL scheme of your mobile app in the your_app_scheme:// format
The scheme indicates to the mobile device that the links should be opened by your application.
1. Admitad specialists will first make sure that your app is ready for integration.
2. A suitable tracking method will be activated depending on the affiliate program type:
- mobile tracking — for the advertisers that only have an app and don't have a website.
- mixed tracking — for the advertisers that have both an app and a website. In this case, once setting and testing are completed, your program's affiliate links will function for the mobile app as well as for the desktop version of the site.
3. At the final step, affiliate links need to be tested. If everything works as it should, the program will be activated.
If by the time of the additional setting the program had already been activated, a test account is used to test the links. Afterward, the tracking is enabled in the active program.
Will the SDK slow down the application? Is it safe?
Admitad Mobile SDK is a component for building a mobile app. It is not inherently dangerous and does not impose restrictions on the functionality of the mobile app. It all depends on other components included in the app design and relations established among them. Setting such relations depends on the developer of the application.
Is it free?
Yes, you can use this tool absolutely for free.
Can I simultaneously use SDKs from other developers?
Yes, Admitad SDK is compatible with other solutions.
I already use Admitad Mobile SDK. How can I upgrade it to the latest version?
You can upgrade the SDK at any time to get the latest version.
Android. When updating your app, you can change a gradle file in accordance with the technical documentation. The documentation always contains the latest version of the Mobile SDK.
iOS. Update Podfile of your app using pod update AdmitadSDK command. The latest version of the Mobile SDK will then be used during compilation.
We recommend that you choose this method if you have your own tracking system.
Contact your Admitad manager for more information.
How do I set up mobile tracking if my affiliate program was launched some time ago, but a mobile app has only just appeared?
Select the integration method that would suit you and contact your account manager.
They will tell you everything about how to set up mobile tracking in your program..